Wednesday, November 18, 2015

I love Madison, I love Georgia, I love peaches..

Hello friends and family!
 
I have to share with y'all the cooooolest story!!!
So Johny had an FHE lesson with us at the Fossum families casa, and it was so awesome! We talked with him about baptism and the priesthood power, and at first he kept talking about how he had already been baptized and "saved" a long time ago. So we really had to just ask him if he knew the book of Mormon was true.. he said he did. So we told him that the same way he got his answer about the Book of Mormon being true, would be the same way he needed to ask if the priesthood power was only found in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints. So we told him to pray about it. Well the next day Johny calls us and tells us THE coolest story! His girlfriend Dawn was going through some of their old boxes, and finds a well marked up Book of Mormon! Johny had never seen it before, nor even had heard about the church before. Right as he opens it, he turns to Moroni 10:3-5. Reads it, and calls us to tell us he knows that he needs to be baptized and that its all true!! AHH!! wahooo!! I know that God answers our prayers, and I know that he can answer them in some pretty cools ways, just like Johny had!! He has stopped smoking, and now we just have to overcome the chastity hurdle because Dawn and him are living together right now, and its almost forced because they financially can only make it paying for one hotel room with both of their funds combined. So please keep them in your prayers! He will be getting baptized on the 28th of November! :)
 
We also helped a recent convert in our branch named Sister Foster clean her house the other day, that lady is a hoarder! It's crazy! haha. We helped take all of the boxes from a corner in her house and we had to basically just tell her everything we took from there was going to goodwill, and then she showed us all these other boxes through out her house that she didn't want to get rid of, so she put them in the corner we had just cleaned out. Luckily we fit about twenty boxes in our car, and were able to take them to goodwill. Hopefully we can keep helping her clean so that we can finally get rid of all her boxes!




 
I also have terrific news! Sister Lauritsen and I will both be staying in Madison this next transfer! I'm not really going to temple square.. haha. This will be my first time having a companion longer than six weeks, and we are both stoked! We get along so well, and it's amazing to see her growth as a missionary. I learn so much from her each day!
 
Yesterday I went on an exchange with our STL Sister Johns who's serving in the Greensboro area, right next door, but she's also in our branch! And it was so much fun. WE were caught in the cold rain most of the day, and all our appointments fell through, but we met so many awesome potentials, and taught two really powerful lessons. I also got to stay in their house! Yes, these sisters have an adorable little house right next to the Oconee river, and it feels just like a cabin! I love it. I will live in a cabin as my first home I've decided. But as her and I were talking, I just felt like I was the scum of the earth and I could be doing far more.. and then RIGHT after saying this, Elder Burrows, our zone leader calls and asks Sister Johns if he can speak with me. He asks some questions about Johny and the lessons he's been taught and then says, " Sister Cunningham, I just want to let you know that I'm really impressed with how hard you've been working in Madison, President Bennion specifically told me you were there to help things get going,  thanks for all you do." It was such a cool tender mercy, and I felt so much love from Heavenly Father. Its been so cool to white wash, and to train! To see the growth from the first day, until now! I've learned SO much and I've truly been able to see just how strong the atonement can work in each of us. I know that our Heavenly Father knows our potential, and that's why he gives us the exact challenges we face. He knows we can handle it, and at the end we should be asking, "please give me more." I'm so grateful for the trials I've faced because they've allowed me to grow. As much as I do love them though, I'm so grateful I will be staying here with Sister Lauritsen!! No hard companion for me yet, I'm hoping that the day will never come. (knock on wood) haha.
 
 
There's also a scripture I'd love to share with y'all, Mormon 2:26.. "nevertheless, the strength of the Lord was not with us; yea, we were left to ourselves, that the spirit of the Lord did not abide in us; therefore we had become weak like unto our brethren."
Don't ever let yourselves lose the spirit. We can always have the Holy Ghost with us, ALWAYS. Heavenly Father has promised that it always will be with us, as we do his will. And his will gives us power, it gives us strength. The things of Satan are weak. They are always fleeting and never lasting. But everything Heavenly Father has promised us is eternal.
 
I love Madison, I love Georgia, I love peaches.. I love the letters and packages and e-mails from y'all. Thank you so much. I love my Heavenly Father, and my savior. I love learning about The saviors life and always striving to become like him, because "his way, is the path that leads to happiness in this life, and in the life to come."
 
Y'all are the best! I love y'all!
 
Have a blessed day!!


-- Sister Cunningham

No comments:

Post a Comment