Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Labor Day Proselyting

Hey y'all! 
Man, this week was amazing! 
I'm emailing today, so we could have the holiday to go proselyting! It was SO worth waiting that extra day! The night before we had planned to tract an area on our bikes that was only about three miles away, and every single house but one answered, and we were able to have three lessons on a door step, hand out a Book of Mormon and set a return appointment and have a kid say we were an answer to his prayer! The guy we handed out the Book of Mormon to was so cool! And I was having a super awesome study in the Book of Mormon that morning for studies, and my goal was to hand out a Book of Mormon and get someone excited to read it! I seriously felt the spirit so strongly as I bore testimony to him, and knew it was because I took time to really read from the Book of Mormon with a prayer in my heart, and a purpose in mind. The Book of Mormon has become such a strong source of peace out here! I have never received so many answers to my prayers, then from that book. I know that is is one of the coolest, and strongest ways Heavenly Father talks to us! I really know as y'all read from it each day, even if you're tired, pray to Heavenly Father that he can help ya keep your mind focused on what you're reading, because hearing him speak to you is so powerful. And I know that you will have the opportunity to feel of his love for you so powerfully! 

On Sunday, man, that was such a great day as well. I love sacrament so much!! To be able to sit, and think of the savior and all he has done for you through the week, and then to reflect on how you can become better the next week is so powerful! Especially as I've come to see just how weak, and incapable I am to do this work without him. I know that it is so vital we partake of the sacrament each week, I promise as you choose to ponder the enabling power of that sacred, individual ordinance, you will receive it! Heavenly Father is so willing to enable us, and strengthen us, but those blessings only come as we ask. 
After sacrament, I got a HUGE stomachache, it hurt in so many places and my shoulders were just so sore and tight, so we thought I may have been getting the flu. We had a lot to do that night, and lots of people to see so sister Russell and I said a prayer and decided to take a nap during lunch to see if I felt better after. An hour and a half later we woke up and I felt so much better! After that we had dinner with the Hansens, who are just the sweetest, they usually have their grandparents there as well who are converts, and their story is amazing!! They had said the missionaries came over and noticed her organ in her house and had expressions of such awe, I guess a week before the whole congregation had been praying to find an organist! Three weeks later, and being called as the ward organist before she was even a member, she was baptized! And her husband went through nine sets of missionaries before her got baptized! Haha. But we had felt the impression to ask the family members to go around the room and express why they loved the temple. It was so powerful. And the spirit was so strong, each family member started to tear up and express their genuine testimonies of how it has blessed their lives individually, and has seen how it has strengthened their families. I even started to tear up as I expressed how awesome it was to be able to go with my mom and my dad and my grandma.. I am so grateful to know that their is a place as close to heaven as you can get here on earth. A place that reminds us of how important we are to our Heavenly Father, he made us eternal because we are awesome and he loves us! And he knows how much we love our families and relationships here on earth, and has blessed us with being with them for eternity! I know that we were inspired to ask that question to that family, because they had recently lost a family member and told us after they had shared their testimonies that it only helped strengthen their faith.

I'm so blessed to be here in Dacula. I have come to see it as my home! I seriously don't know how we grow to love a place, or people so much we but we just do! I don't think there's a limit we can place on love, cause it's the essence of the gospel, which is the most powerful thing we will ever have. 

I know that as I have come to know my savior more, my love for him grows. My love for anyone I meet just comes right away. Love brings happiness! I have never been so happy, than to see others feel the love their Heavenly Father has for them. It's amazing to take a step back and look at how mindful Heavenly Father really is of each one of us, and that the "coincidences" in life, are really just Heavenly Father directing his work! 

I wish I could write to y'all all day and share all the miracles I see each day, but we'll have eternity for that! I encourage y'all to go out and tell the savior how much you love him by finding his lost sheep. We can do it in so many ways, just by smiling at someone can make all the difference! 

I want to share something with y'all that I read and loved In Alma, 

1 And now it came to pass that as Alma was journeying from the land of Gideon southward, away to the land of Manti, behold, to his astonishment, he met with the sons of Mosiah journeying towards the land of Zarahemla.

2 Now these sons of Mosiah were with Alma at the time the angel first appeared unto him; therefore Alma did rejoice exceedingly to see his brethren; and what added more to his joy, they were still his brethren in the Lord; yea, and they had waxed strong in the knowledge of the truth; for they were men of a sound understanding and they had searched the scriptures diligently, that they might know the word of God.

3 But this is not all; they had given themselves to much prayer, and fasting; therefore they had the spirit of prophecy, and the spirit of revelation, and when they taught, they taught with power and authority of God.

4 And they had been teaching the word of God for the space of fourteen years among the Lamanites, having had much success in bringing many to the knowledge of the truth; yea, by the power of their words many were brought before the altar of God, to call on his name and confess their sins before him.

love that Alma was just so excited to see the good all of his friends were doing, and that they were doing the things they were supposed to! I feel the same about each one of y'all! You guys are all so awesome and I'm so happy to know each one of ya! Y'all have been such great examples to me! Thanks so much! 
Have such a great week! Don't forget to check out Mormon.org
Love y'all!! 



we just take weird pictures in front of investigators houses
sometimes when they don't answer.. Haha

 this guy made his 92 year old mom a proven sign to not let her run her car off the driveway into the ditch by putting his face on it!!!
Haha they were so funny and awesome!
The murphys kids (we think) left a note on our car at a dinner
appointment that said, "we love you sisters! Thanks for being
awesome!" Made our day!
3,4 &5) 

Helping sister Clark crush up pecans! The cottrells said they're making it our exchange picture! I went on an exchange with sister tau' aho!
She's Samoan and eats like no other and is hilarious!! Love her!!

sister Russell twisted her finger on a swing and we thought she had
broken it :( luckily she didn't! But thanks to dad I know how to make
a Popsicle stick splint!! :)




Now to land a flip
on the trampoline in a skirt to all the sister missionaries, it will
be called " the sister C-ham flip" hahaha totally landed a flip in a
skirt, and no flashing happened!!  

  Those pink flowers are everywhere!! They're gorgeous!!! :)




ROAD VIEWS OF GEOGIA








No comments:

Post a Comment